Residential conversion of a palazzo in the heart of Valletta dating back to 1566. Positioned within a borough of the capital city known as il-biccerija , owing its name to the existence of the cities old abattoir within the area. It was discovered that the building itself may have been one of the first to be built in the city .
The brief was to dedicate the lower levels of the building to the creation of an art gallery . With the rest of the building designated as a four bedroom home . Planning permission was obtained for an additional three levels which were key to accommodating the clients program .